Supply Chain Collaboration
Supply Chain Collaboration is the enablement of accessibility of supply chain information and capabilities to the trading partners in an organization’s supply network. It is the real-time collaborative digital exchange of planning/forecasting, purchasing, inventory fulfillment, and payment transactions between buyers and suppliers to improve traceability and end-to-end visibility of supply chain operations.
Need for Supply Chain Collaboration
Supply chain collaboration is a decisive parameter, especially given the growing emphasis on e-commerce and an omnichannel strategy. It is essential that supply chain managers and procurement professionals collaborate for the below-mentioned impact.
- To improve the product flow
- To improve Customer Satisfaction
- To get end-to-end visibility
- To promote competitive advantage
- To improve supplier relationships
The Oracle SCC cloud has in-built functionalities like:
- Planning Collaboration with planning central – Online order forecast commitment
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) – Pay on use, Pay-on-Receipt Models
- Transactional Visibility – Purchase Orders, ASNs, Invoices & Payments review
- Contract Manufacturing – Production and Component usage tracking
Oracle SCC digitally synchronizes the upstream supply from multiple tiers of external organizations, this includes:
- On-hand balances
- PO’s & Requisitions
- Work order supplies
- Work order component demands
- Work order resources
The holistic visibility across tiers ensures quick actions against upstream supply chain disruptions and it will minimize the downstream disruptions by including this supply information in multi-tier supply plans.
As cloud UI and REST service that allows external manufacturers and enterprise users to upload and monitor the status of each supply data request.
- Initiate supply data upload to an external manufacturer or enterprise user
- Monitor all uploads an enterprise user
- Visibility to all errors that occurred during loading, processing, and collections
- Canceled uncollected supply data requests
- Model an external manufacturer as an organization and enable plan external manufacturer supplies
- Load data using SCC cloud
- Enable the plan level control in plan options
Internal and External Organizations can be planned in a single supply plan.
- New order type PO demand created to represent the external manufacturing organization demand
- Since PO demands are regular demands, it consumes regular supplies and creates new supply orders if need be, based on sourcing rule
- Supply orders created cannot be released from external organizations
- Analyze plan, identify exceptions that put demand at risk and take actions to improve plant efficiency
Benefits of Supply Chain Collaboration
- End-to-end visibility of inventory across the supply chain
- Holistic views of Product status
- Reduce Just-in-case inventory and reduces inventory cost across the chain
- Enrich strategic relationships with trading partners
- Reliable commits, accurate product status, on-time delivery of customer orders
- Monitor and respond quickly to upstream supply chain issues