Streamlining the requisition process and approval workflows by integrating Oracle AME Requisition Approval Process to Oracle EBS Purchasing.
- Solution Approach
- Solution Components
- Solution Process
- Steps in Oracle EBS
- Outcome and Business Benefits
Want to read it later?
The client operates a fleet of 21,500 buses that provide year-round transportation services to nearly 600 US school districts. Two major challenges that impact the company's transportation operations are inclement weather and high vehicle mileage. Because passenger safety is their top priority, they must proactively maintain each vehicle.
A major aspect of the bus maintenance process is the procurement of space parts and services in large quantities. Frequently, this has created scenarios where multiple requisitions must be approved simultaneously before being forwarded for procurement and fulfillment.
Based on Job hierarchy and approval limits, ennVee implemented the AME Requisition Approval Process to Oracle EBS Purchasing within the customer's application architecture framework. This would optimize the AME capabilities by streamlining the entire Requisition process and approval workflows.
Building the integration between Oracle EBS and the requisition process would provide a single set of requisition data between both applications that the customer can use to automatically generate approvals and notify the appropriate individual or department. The overall Requisition process involved multiple levels, all of which were managed by customizing the approval workflow.
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.x
- Oracle Approval Management Engine (AME)
- Set up AME approval process by creating approval hierarchy, approval groups and rules
- Enable the AME setup by using Profile (AME:Installed)
- Set the Purchasing "Document types
(select the Requisition Purchase Value)"
- Provide the Approval Transaction Type Value as PURCHASE_REQ at Setup level
- Include the Custom Approval Process in Requisition Workflow
- Setups needed to access the Collection Form
- Set the Purchasing Document types (Requisition Purchase)
- Provide the Approval Transaction Type Value as PURCHASE REQ at Setup level
- Set profile option as YES for the profile below:
- Profile option name1 -- AME:installed
The solution made the procurement process more agile and allowed requisitions to be cleared faster by:
- Streamlining multiple hand-offs for approval with the automated workflow
- Eliminating redundant data
- Minimizing manual, time-intensive proposal generation
- Maintaining consistent Requisition approval
- Sending automated approval notifications with Requisition information to superiors
Want more Oracle AME use cases?
Download the Oracle AME to Oracle EBS R12 Integration success stories bundle