Simplifying the online ordering registration process with an integrated, cross-platform mobile application.
The client is a manufacturer of networking and physical infrastructure equipment for communications, computing, control, power, and security systems. They operate globally in the B2B and B2C space and have a large ecosystem of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) partners that help them consistently expand their market base.
The manufacturer was pursuing Cloud for its IT and business applications, specifically those used during all cycles of the sales process. To simplify the registration process for online ordering the manufacturer needed an application that ran seamlessly on web, tablet, and mobile devices.
About the Client
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Operations throughout 112 countries
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- 5,000 employees
- 1+ Billion (USD) annual revenue
Having partnered with this client for almost a decade, the ennVee team functioned as an extension to the customer's knowledge base and understood the nature of their business and IT requirements. Oracle E-Business Suite is being used for their back-end business transactions and they have multiple custom solutions for their customer-facing interactions.
Using MuleSoft as the integration engine, we proposed a solution that will seamlessly provide registration facilities to their partners. This registration page calls a MuleSoft API for verification and creation of new users on the client’s database (Oracle DB – Central DB) and .NET service.
- MuleSoft AnyPoint Studio
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12
- .NET Service
- SOAP GUI
- MuleSoft mobile application registration receives an HTTP GET request with user registration payload from Mobile applications (refer to available inputs section).
- The service will invoke a .NET service method to obtain user details and use email to return the user detail information.
- Validate Email in Oracle Database (which is the central database) by providing email as input.
- A "User Exists" response is sent if the email already exists in Active Directory (.NET Service) and the database table. Otherwise, the .NET service method, Create User, is invoked.
- Call service to create a UUID (Unique ID), which acts as the primary key to identify the customer.
The same UUID will be provided for Oracle Database for cross reference.
- The user information is subsequently added to the Oracle Database table, and then sent to the user as an email notification with a verification link.
- The verification link page updates the USER STATUS record column in the IWE_PORTAL_USER table with a value of “A” for active.
Mobile Registration Application Solution Process Diagram:
Outcome and Future Benefits
The MuleSoft mobile application solution helped the manufacturer:
- Significantly reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Substantially increase its prospect base through seamless information capture and registration capabilities (via mobile, laptop, and tablet devices)
- Reduce time and manual effort by leveraging automation